Frank Gehry 1990
Inspired by the surprising strength of the apple crates he had played on as a child, Frank Gehry created this thoroughly original collection of bentwood chair and table designs.
Gehry’s architecture draws its strength from the sculptural approach with which he has expanded the vocabulary of buildings.
Bringing this same approach to furniture, Gehry constructed the entire collection with interwoven strips of maple.
The ribbon-like designs transcend the conventions of style by focusing, as the great modernists did, on the essential challenge of deriving form from function.
- Available with arms that can be added or removed with bolts
- Available with “shower cap”-style cushion in a range of KnollTextiles and Spinneybeck® leathers
- Constructed of hard white maple veneer strips, laminated 6 to 9 thick with high-bonding urea glue
- Thermo-set assembly glue provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors
- Chair back flexes for added comfort
- Contoured seat is constructed of cross-ply maple for rigidity
- Clear plastic glides with matte frost finish included
- The underside of each piece is embossed with the Knoll logo and Frank Gehry’s signature
Hat Trick™ Chair by Knoll features 2 photos and has BIM / CAD 3D models.
This Seating Visitor / Side / Guest is available in commercial grade.
Request a quote today to learn more about how you can purchase Hat Trick™ Chair in your next design project.