Designer: Niels Diffrient
Winner of ten design awards to date—including the Design Distinction Award in the prestigious ID Design Review 2000 competition—the Freedom chair by Niels Diffrient has revolutionized the task chair industry. Its weight-sensitive recline, synchronously adjustable armrests, and dynamically positioned headrest set new standards for task chair performance and functionality to keep the sitter exceptionally comfortable while also lowering the risk of long-term injury. The Freedom chair is equally appropriate for task, executive or conference applications. For desk use, we strongly recommend that the Freedom chair be used together with an articulating keyboard platform and monitor arm, as it is designed to allow the user to recline, and the work tools need to come to the user to avoid awkward postures. Both Standard and Advanced armrests are synchronously height adjustable; the Advanced armrests are 1.25" longer and pivot.
Available in two versions, the everyday Freedom Task and the executive Freedom Headrest, each chair includes the following features:
- Distinctive design sets it apart from other task chairs and enhances any space.
- Innovative weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism cleverly uses each sitter’s body weight to perfectly adjust the tension and recline position of the chair for full support throughout movement.
- Pivoting backrest automatically moves with the user throughout the day and offers perfect lumbar comfort in all positions.
- Synchronous arms allow effortless adjustment with one hand and our unique arm design attaches to the backrest to move with the user.
- Contoured cushions are sculpted to closely follow the body’s shape and offer long-term comfort, reduce pressure points and provide exceptional weight distribution.
- Modular design allows the user to update the aesthetic of the chair and offers easy maintenance.
- A wide range of specifically created, high-performance textiles complement the chair’s unique cushion contours to maximize their comfort, performance and ergonomic function.
- The Freedom Headrest features a dynamic support that cradles the head and neck during recline, but remains neutral when in upright positions.
- Available Options:
- Textiles: Range of four-way stretch fabrics, box-stitched leathers, antimicrobial textiles and non-stretch materials
- Stitch finishing: Choice of matching or contrasting box stitching is available with all leathers
- Cushions: Techno-gel cushions maximize weight distribution
- Arms: Synchronous arms in duron, gel or matching textile, Advanced arms in duron, gel or matching textile
- Finishes: Graphite or Polished Aluminium with Graphite Trim
- Cylinder: Low, Standard or High with footring
- Casters: Soft casters, glides or locking casters (lock when you sit down)
- Convenient coat hanger attachment
- Also available in a clean room compliant configuration