Designer: Niels Diffrient
The Diffrient World is Humanscale's first foray into all-mesh task seating. Like its mesh-backed forerunner, the Liberty chair, the Diffrient World chair's tri-panel backrest hugs the body to provide tailor-made lumbar support, while its mesh seat, which has no frame in the front, eliminates contact stress under the thighs. But Diffrient World’s major innovation is its mechanism-free recline action, which leverages two parts of the chair’s frame and the laws of physics to provide automatic, balanced support throughout the full range of recline. No chair is more intuitive, or more environmentally friendly. The new World chair has become very popular among our clients for its comfort, support and small scale fit. While we have used the World chair for people of all sizes, small women especially appreciate this as a chair that fits well.
- Only eight major components and 80 parts overall for less susceptibility to failure and less environmental impact
- Weight-sensitive recline fully supports at all points without manual adjustments or locks
- Tri-panel form-sensing mesh back offers custom lumbar support with no need for external devices or controls
- Automatic functionality eliminates need for most of the manual controls used on other chairs
- Available adjustable or fixed armrests attach to the chair back to move with user during recline
- Upholstered seat provides padded support
- Fixed height arms with Duron pads
- Fixed height arms with fabric to match textile (textile seat only)
- Adjustable arms with Duron pads
- Adjustable arms with fabric to match textile (textile seat only)
- The frame of the Humanscale Diffrient World Chair is available in black, white or gray.