A Classic with Ultimate Industrial Versatility
On the surface, the Bastille Bar Stool is a sturdy and stylish bar stool with an industrial-chic sensibility. Below its rust-resistant galvanized steel surface, the Bastille is an accurately proportioned, premium quality reproduction of the Marais Bar Stool, designed in 1934 by Xavier Pauchard, as part of his iconic Marais seating collection. Mr. Pauchard is credited with having introduced galvanized steel furniture construction to France, and the Marais collection was considered revolutionary. The designs were extremely popular at the time and could be seen all over Paris in cafes, bistros and offices. They maintained relevancy throughout the remainder of the 20th century, and thanks to a revival of interest in industrial design, have even gained a new momentum of popularity in recent years.
- Accurate, premium quality replica of the Marais Bar Stool by Pauchard
- Galvanized steel seat & frame
- Stocked in a variety of metallic finishes and powder-coated colors
- Zinc coating protects against rust
- Black rubber non-marking feet protect your floors from scratches